Quality Recessed Lighting North Shore
Adding recessed lighting to a room that currently utilizes lamps or other types of lighting is the most popular option for lighting upgrades. We ensure that the recessed lighting installation meets all the necessary codes and regulations, calculate the correct placement, size, and number of fixtures to light the space correctly, and select the right bulbs for the specific purpose and room.
All of our recessed lighting installations include dimmer switches so that you can control the power of the lights filling your room. By hiring iConduit Electric, you can breathe easy knowing the job is done correctly and safely, with the expertise and knowledge to provide the best lighting solution for the specific space.
What is Recessed Lighting?
Recessed lighting refers to light fixtures installed into the ceiling or wall so that the light source is hidden or recessed into the surface. These fixtures are often installed in residential or commercial spaces to provide general or accent lighting.
Recessed lights typically consist of a housing installed into the ceiling or wall, a trim that covers the housing opening, and a light bulb inserted into the housing. The trim can be customized to fit the room’s decor and may come in various styles and finishes.
Recessed lighting is popular because it creates a clean and modern look while also providing functional lighting without taking up floor or table space. It can also be used to highlight artwork or other features in a room.
Why is Recessed Lighting So Popular?
There are various reasons why recessed lighting has grown in popularity over the decades.
Clean and Modern Look
Recessed lighting provides a sleek and modern look to a space. By being installed flush with the ceiling or wall, they don’t draw attention to themselves and instead provide subtle lighting that illuminates the area without overwhelming it.
Recessed lighting is versatile and can be used in various spaces, from kitchens and bathrooms to living rooms and bedrooms. They can be used as general or accent lighting and positioned to create a specific mood or atmosphere.
Since the fixtures are installed into the ceiling or wall, recessed lighting doesn’t take up valuable floor or table space like lamps or other types of lighting.
Recessed lighting fixtures are often designed to be energy efficient, using LED or other energy-saving bulbs. This can save electricity costs over time and reduce the environmental impact of lighting a space.
Popular Trends with Recessed Lighting in North ShoreLighting plays a crucial role in setting the mood and ambiance of a space, and with the advent of new technology and innovative design, the world of lighting is constantly evolving. Some popular trends fit in with modern homes and have a timeless appeal.
- With the advent of smart home technology, a smartphone or voice-activated assistant can now control recessed lighting. This allows homeowners or business owners to easily adjust the lighting and create custom lighting scenes for different occasions.
- Dimmable LED lighting has become increasingly popular, allowing for more control over the amount of light in a space. This can help create a more comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
- Decorative trims for recessed lighting have become more popular, providing an opportunity to add a decorative element to the otherwise functional light fixture. These trims come in various finishes and styles, including contemporary, traditional, and rustic.
- Rather than installing a single prominent fixture, many homeowners and designers are opting for multiple recessed lighting fixtures placed strategically throughout a room. This can help create a more even and balanced light distribution, allowing for more control over the lighting levels in different room parts.
- With an increasing focus on sustainability and reducing energy consumption, many people opt for energy-efficient LED bulbs for their recessed lighting fixtures. LED bulbs last longer and use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs, making them a more environmentally friendly and cost-effective choice.
Can Recessed Lighting Be Installed in Older Homes?
Electricians need to take special consideration for older homes because the electrical systems in these homes may need to be updated to modern code. Older homes often have outdated wiring and electrical systems that may not be able to handle a load of modern appliances and lighting fixtures safely.
Additionally, older homes may have unique architectural features or structural elements requiring special installation attention. For example, older homes may have plaster or lathe ceilings that can be more difficult to work with than modern drywall ceilings. The age of the house may also increase the risk of electrical hazards such as worn or frayed wiring or outdated electrical panels that may not be able to handle modern electrical demands safely.
Therefore, electricians must be skilled and experienced in working with older homes to ensure the installation is safe and up to code. They may need to assess the existing wiring and electrical system, make upgrades or modifications to bring the system up to code, and take special care during installation to ensure that the installation is done safely and with consideration for the unique challenges presented by older homes.
Choose iConduit Electric
If recessed lighting is a good choice for your home in North Shore, we can help with the planning and installation. Contact us for an in-home consultation.
Get In Touch With Us
*By submitting you agree to be contacted by SMS, phone, or e-mail. Rates may apply. You can opt-out at any time.