Choose IConduit Electric for Your Electrical Panel Upgrades
Whether you want to upgrade your current electrical service to something larger, or you’re just looking to repair or replace the existing electrical panel that you have, iConduit electricians will ensure that you’re getting exactly what you need for your home to continue to power the ever-growing collection of electronic devices, while keeping your family safe and protected.
Electrical Service Upgrades
One of the most common electrical upgrades to a home is to upgrade the electrical panel. With humans becoming increasingly dependent on electronic devices in their homes, older circuit breaker panels may not be able to handle the amount of electricity to power all of your devices safely.
There are several reasons why you might want to update your electrical panel:
- Safety: One of the main reasons to update your electrical panel is to improve the safety of your home. Older electrical panels may not meet current safety standards and can pose a fire hazard. Upgrading to a newer panel ensures your home has the latest safety features.
- Increased capacity: If you’ve added new appliances or electronics to your home, you may need more electrical capacity to handle the increased demand. Upgrading your electrical panel can provide you with the additional capacity you need to power all of your devices without overloading the system.
- Home renovation: If you’re planning a home renovation that involves adding new rooms or upgrading existing ones, you may need to upgrade your electrical panel to accommodate the increased electrical demand. This can also help ensure your home is up to code and meets all safety standards.
- Home insurance: Some insurance companies may require an updated electrical panel to obtain coverage. An outdated panel can increase the risk of fire and other hazards.
- Resale value: Upgrading your electrical panel can also increase the resale value of your home. Potential buyers will appreciate the added safety and increased capacity, which can make your home more attractive to them.
Upgrading your circuit breaker panel and updating your service will significantly increase the power you can draw without overloading. At iConduit Electric, we can properly assess your current home’s electrical needs to determine if you would benefit from an upgraded service.
Replace or Repair Old Circuit Breaker Panels
Just because your circuit breaker panel works right now doesn’t mean it is entirely safe or even working properly, especially in older homes. At iConduit, our electricians are available to advise on whether or not panels should be replaced based on our extensive knowledge of various recalls and faults within the different panels used in the past.
Several signs may indicate it’s time to replace your electrical panel:
- Electrical panels typically last for 25-40 years. If your panel is older than this, it may be time to replace it.
- Rust or corrosion on the electrical panel can indicate it’s time for a replacement. This is a sign of wear and tear and can compromise the panel’s safety and reliability.
- If your circuit breakers trip often, it may be a sign that your electrical panel is overloaded and needs to be replaced. This is especially true if you’ve added new appliances or electronics to your home.
- If your lights flicker or dim frequently, it could indicate an outdated electrical panel struggling to keep up with your home’s electrical demands.
- If you experience electrical shocks when touching appliances or light switches, it could indicate a wiring issue or other electrical panel problems.
- If you’re planning a home renovation requiring additional electrical capacity, replacing your electrical panel may be a good time to ensure it meets the new demands.
Overall, if you’re experiencing any of these issues, having a licensed electrician inspect your electrical panel and determine if it needs to be replaced is a good idea. A faulty electrical panel can be a serious safety hazard, so addressing any issues immediately is essential.
Our number one priority is the safety of our clients. We want to ensure that you and your family are safe within your own home and never have to worry about possible electrical issues that could arise.
Electrical Panel Upgrades and Service in Northshore
Live in the North Shore area of Chicago, such as Northbrook, Glenview, Morton Grove, Park Ridge, Arlington Heights, Wilmette, Winnetka, Evanston, and more. IConduit Electric can help you replace your current panel and upgrade your electrical service.
Contact us today for more information on how we can help with all your electrical needs!
Get In Touch With Us
*By submitting you agree to be contacted by SMS, phone, or e-mail. Rates may apply. You can opt-out at any time.