Professionally Installed Whole Home Generators in North Shore
Home generators are a great way to keep vital appliances and services running during a power outage. A home generator provides power continuity, increased safety, convenience, increased home value, and cost savings, making it a valuable investment for homeowners.
When you think of emergency generators, you may think that only large buildings like hospitals and medical buildings require them. And while those facilities need to maintain a steady stream of power in case of an emergency, it is becoming more and more common for generators to be installed in residential homes. Contact iConduit for professionally installed whole home generators in North Shore.
How Does A Home Generator Work?
Unlike a portable generator, our home generators are directly connected to a fuel source, natural gas, or propane, so you do not need to worry about gasoline. You also don’t have to worry about manually turning anything on during a power outage. Our home generators automatically monitor the power to your home to determine if there is a power outage. At this point, it will automatically switch over and begin powering the house.
Home generators are extremely safe and effective when installed by one of our professional electricians. They are a great way to keep your family safe when the power goes out.
What Are The Benefits of A Home Generator?A home generator is a backup power source that can provide numerous benefits to homeowners during a power outage or other disruptions to the electrical grid. These benefits make home generators an excellent investment for homeowners who want to ensure that their homes and families are safe and comfortable during power outages or other emergencies.
- Power continuity: A home generator can provide backup power to your home during power outages or other disruptions to the electrical grid. This can be especially important if you live in an area with frequent power outages, extreme weather conditions, or other factors that can interrupt the electricity supply.
- Increased safety: A home generator can help keep your home safe by keeping critical appliances and systems running during power outages. This can include running your heating or air conditioning system, preventing pipes from freezing and keeping food from spoiling in your refrigerator.
- Convenience: With a home generator, you can continue to use your electrical appliances and devices, such as lights, TVs, and computers, even during a power outage. This can help make your home more comfortable and connect you to the outside world.
- Increased home value: Installing a home generator can increase the value of your home, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Cost savings: In the long run, a home generator can save you money by preventing damage to your home or appliances during power outages and allowing you to continue using appliances and devices that might otherwise be damaged or destroyed.
Should A Manual Transfer Switch Be Installed With The Home Generator?
A manual transfer switch is highly recommended when installing a home generator. A transfer switch is an essential safety feature that ensures the generator’s power is safely and efficiently delivered to your home’s electrical system.
A manual transfer switch is a device that connects your home’s electrical system to the generator. It allows you to select which circuits to power during a power outage and prevents the generator from back-feeding into the electrical grid. Back-feeding is dangerous because it can send power to the outside electrical grid, which can endanger utility workers or damage equipment.
With a manual transfer switch, you can ensure that only selected circuits are powered and that the power from the generator is safely delivered to your home’s electrical system. It also ensures that your generator will not overload, which can damage the generator and the appliances connected to it.
In addition to the automatic transfer switch, many home generators also come with monitoring and control systems that allow homeowners to remotely monitor the generator’s status, fuel level, and other important information. This can be especially useful for homeowners away from home during power outages or other emergencies.
iConduit Electric Can Install Generators in Your North Shore Home
With a home generator, you can continue to use your electrical appliances and devices, keep critical systems running, and avoid costly damage to your home or appliances. It is a reliable backup power source that can provide peace of mind and protection for you and your loved ones during unexpected power outages or emergencies.
If you are thinking about, or are ready to install a whole home generator in your home or business, contact iConduit electric to set up a consultation. We have been serving the North Shore area for over 15 years and have the knowledge and expertise to install your generator correctly the first time. Don’t hesitate to call us today!
Get In Touch With Us
*By submitting you agree to be contacted by SMS, phone, or e-mail. Rates may apply. You can opt-out at any time.